Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Boots of Spanish Leather (Song of the Week and a Glimpse of Telmar)

Hello Peoples,

   It is Tuesday in Telmar, and that means one thing: Its the Song of the Week!
 I promised Sunday that I would post some video of my journey to church and today I deliver on that promise.  This week's Song of the Week, Bob Dylan's Boots of Spanish Leather, from "The Times They Are A-Changin" comes set to the view from the Ferry going across the Great River.  This has quickly become one of our favorite aspects of living here. Feeling the wind in your hair, reading a book or watching the city, maybe ordering a nice hot cup of tea; nothing beats riding the ferrys.  Even if you can't ride them with us, maybe this will give you a feeling of what it is like to be here.  I hope you enjoy it.
-Mr. Strange










Click here to purchase this song

2 comments:

  1. This is a legit video. Makes me want to come visit. Maybe sometime that'll happen, but monetary bounds prevent me from traveling as of right now. Good post tho. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things:
    1) Thanks for "pretending" to be a tourist for a day. This video is beautiful. I love seeing all of the buildings on the shore at the end.
    2) I'd never listened to that song before, but I really liked it. I'm on a "slightly melancholy" song kick these days. Any other recommendations?

    I hope you're feeling better, Hazel! And if you are you should write a post. :]

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete