Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Does It Mean That I'm Getting Boring?

Hello People,

I wish you all post-Valentines happiness. Valentines evening saw Hazel and myself having a romantic dinner (prepared by Hazel), baking cookies, and curling up to watch 16 Candles in what is to have been our last Valentines completely to ourselves for the foreseeable future.  I'm really blown away by God's goodness recently and always.  I realize that in a few months I will long for the relative quiet of the past few years, if you would call them quiet.  Actually, looking back I wouldn't call them quiet at all.  In the past 3-4 years I've experienced two very drastic pendulum swings, one a fairly private, but nevertheless bitter swing to almost utter unbelief, and now to a firmer belief than I have ever had.  I've married the love of my life and had 3 1/2 awesome years with her and now she and I are starting our family.  I've been blessed beyond my comprehension.  Soren Kierkegaard wrote, of the passage 'Every good and perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father of lights in whom is no change or shadow of turning' (James 1:17), "These words have been repeated over and over agin in the world, and yet many live as if they have never heard them and perhaps it would have disturbed them if they had" (Spiritual Writings p. 4).  I will not take for granted how good our God has been to me and my family.  In a few months Orbit will be born and life is going to change.  I'm going to find myself responsible for a life 24/7 for the rest of my life.  What an awesome responsibility and great opportunity!  I can't imagine anything more frightening or more exciting.  And to be able to approach this as a team with my wife is a blessing that I can't even begin to be thankful enough for.  It is with tongue ever so slightly in cheek that I now dedicate this song of the week to Hazel and baby Orbit.

Belle and Sebastian
My Wandering Days Are Over

1 comment:

  1. I can appreciate the song choice for a variety of reasons.

    ReplyDelete