Friday, July 27, 2012

Air Traffic (Out of) Control

Hello! It is I, Bess Strange!
I will start my first post with what, in my opinion, is the best sibling picture ever.

I am going to try briefly summarize my first week with my wonderful sister-in-law and nephew to be, and my brother. My trip getting here was a very hectic, sort of funny journey. I will just preface this story by saying that I want to fly as an unaccompanied minor for the rest of my life! My plane from Atlanta to New Wark, NJ, was landing at the exact time that my plane was supposed to be leaving for Telmar. That alone is a little disconcerting for me. When we finally landed a man came down the aisle to get me and said "follow me". As we are running down stairs and hallways through the airport I find out that the airline is holding the flight for me! I am so thankful for Jerome, who showed me the way as we raced through to my terminal and down the airport in a golf cart while shouting "get out of the way!". I wouldn't have been able to handle it without him! When I got on the plane, around an hour after it was supposed to have left I didn't even feel self conscious of  the people in the aisles staring me down. I was just thankful for being on the flight. I arrived in Telamr and was greeted by the greatest welcoming party, Mr. & Mrs. Strange, little Orbit ( in the womb still) and my new friend Bubbles!

Having all that out of the way, here starts my first week and a half in pictures.



The Blue Mosque


The Hagia Sophia, I really had to stop myself from posting all the pictures from here! It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.


          The light did funny things with my camera, but I thought this picture showed the inside pretty well.  

                                   

                                     I think that Mr. Strange looks particularly heroic in this picture!


I love all the mosques here, I think that they are so pretty.

This is Chorra church, which has beautiful still-intact mosaics.
  
                                              
Mr. Strange and I noticed smoke billowing from a nearby building.....



..... Upon inspection we found a burning building in the middle of the city!







Now I am skipping a few days and going to my favorite pictures!! Of my new nephew!


Hurray for being an aunt!






2 comments:

  1. Cool to see you on here, Bess! Looks like you are having an awesome trip! Did you do the welcome home decor? The robots are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, glad to have found you! I look forward to following your trip and hearing of your (mis)adventures! Enjoy your nephew! Amy Fulton

    ReplyDelete