Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Its a Boy Mrs Walker, Its a Boy

Hello People,

  As many of you may know, Little Orbit was born less than a week ago on July, 26!  A little later I'll post lots of thoughts here about the joys of fatherhood, but at the moment I'm too in the middle of it all. I'm still just starting to process the fact that I am a father, I haven't started to figure out what that means. I can tell you this though, before last Thursday I did not know that such a love was possible for another human being.  I now understand God's love for us, His children, that allows Him to make such sacrifices and endure such pain on our behalf.  As soon as I saw my son, as blue and smurf like as he initially was (if you haven't seen a newly newborn, look it up) I knew that this was a completely different love to any other that I had ever experienced.  Its a love that knows no bounds.  It is not based on action, or benefit.  My love for my son is endless because of who he is.

   Hazel and I are very happy to have Orbit with us now.  Our family of two has grown and it is amazing how perfect that growth is.  It is certainly stressful. I have somehow acquired the ability to change a diaper while being so sleepy that I can't focus my vision, and I'm running on less sleep than an overstudious college student in finals week. But even with this stress and lack of sleep, God's blessing is perfect.

"My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant.  From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me- holy is his name.  His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation." The Magnificat, Luke 1:46-51



More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment