Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blessing in the form of a cat

For the last few days we have had the blessing of feeding some friends of ours' cat.  Feeding a cat may not seem like a blessing but I assure you, it is.  Not just because this cat is cute and I really like it (although it is bit bitey) but because the family said we could use their pool when we went to feed their cat.
(Mr. Strange and the cat)

A pool!  They only live about a 5-10 min. bus ride away and every time we have come back from their house, we have said it feels like we took a trip to the beach.  A true mini vacation.
This has created a really awesome daily schedule this week.  I still have to work so I leave at 8am, finish around 2, head to our friends house after work, feed and play with the cat, then spend about an hour and a half in the pool.  I never knew you could crave floating so much as I do now that we are 34 weeks along in the pregnancy and I am evidently carrying a baby Hulk/active watermelon.  Then, on several days we have headed to hang out with friends before they leave for the States.  So we don't get home until around 10.  It is tiring but it has been such a fun mix of work, pool, and friends.

It has been a great way to begin the summer and I am sad that the cat doesn't need to be fed after today although I am sure he will be glad to have his "people" home.
-Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment