Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ducks in a row

-by Hazel
As Mr. Strange mentioned earlier, we have made a pact to each post once a day this summer.  Which of course means that I am really tired today and cannot think clearly enough to write a post.....but I will not wimp out! It is like when we were traveling around the city today and the bus we needed to get on was completely packed so Mr. Strange looked at me doubtfully and asked if I thought I could fit (meaning baby orbit and I).  I might have taken that as a challenge and you better believe I was on that bus, belly and all. ;)
So today, due to my stubborn streak, I am posting random pictures that I took at the beginning of the month.


I learned how to play poker when one of Mr. Strange's classes came over to our house (this picture is from his birthday party though).  I am not very good because I always be and never fold.
But what fun is folding?
One sweet, unassuming girl beat us all soundly anyways, we didn't have a chance.  It is fun learning unexpected things about the students as you get to know them. And if someone says they learned while playing with their grandmother, beware! They will beat you.


I was so excited when we got a baby carrier from our coworkers, I rushed to try it on but quickly realized it is hard to try on when you are in the third trimester (see picture below for illustration).  Hence, my dear husband trying it on and giving the stuffed moose a ride.




And last, but not least, a very large duck. In the middle of the city.


2 comments:

  1. Nice pics, Hazel! I especially love the baby moose. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you guys are learning new things (poker) and teaching others new things (poker).

    ReplyDelete